Request for review: keychain

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Tue Jul 12 16:09:13 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 05:31 +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> Both the .spec and the src.rpm are renewed and available at:
>
> http://www.uni-x.org/keychain.spec
> http://www.uni-x.org/keychain-2.5.4.1-1.src.rpm

Bumping the release when you make updates and adding a changelog entry
would be useful for tracking purposes.

Anyway, I have a local package of this too, here's some cosmetic stuff
that mine has but yours doesn't (maybe yet? ;)):
- In %prep: sed -i -e 's|/usr/ucb:||' keychain
- A docs patch, see attachment.  (The reason for the "which" is that
home dirs may be shared accross hosts, and it's possible that all of
them don't have keychain installed.)

The reason why I hadn't submitted this package to Extras yet is its
annoying interaction with the ssh-agent launched by FC's gdm.  I use gdm
and KDE, and have this in my ~/.bash_profile:

  which keychain &>/dev/null && keychain -q id_dsa
  [[ -f $HOME/.keychain/$HOSTNAME-sh ]] && \
    source $HOME/.keychain/$HOSTNAME-sh

When logging in through gdm, while KDE starts up, I get a ssh-askpass
dialog prompting for the passphrase, which is ok.  Then, I type the
passphrase in, it's accepted and life seems good.  But when I start up a
Konsole session, ssh'ing somewhere results in the passphrase query.  It
seems that there are actually two ssh-agents launched, and the
passphrases I typed at KDE startup ended up in the "wrong" one.  Very
annoying, and I haven't found a solution yet.  Ideas?