Request for a sponsor and a review of: pam_abl

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Wed Jul 13 12:42:24 UTC 2005

Hi Alexander!

On 07/13/2005 01:46 PM, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Di, den 12.07.2005 schrieb Oliver Falk um 10:00:
 >
>>>http://www.uni-x.org/pam_abl-0.2.2-20050110.src.rpm
>>>http://www.uni-x.org/pam_abl.spec
>

>>Tried this, but get the following, if I enable pam_abl in system-auth:
>>
>>Jul 12 09:53:24 moon sshd[1944]: PAM unable to resolve symbol:
>>pam_sm_open_session
>>Jul 12 09:53:24 moon sshd[1944]: PAM unable to resolve symbol:
>>pam_sm_close_session
>>
>>:-/
>
> on which system does it fail? I am running pam_abl on CentOS4 and it
> builds and runs properly.

On FC Devel. I have no box here with a clean FC4 :-/

> That leads me directly to the question: is it necessary to test software
> builds on FC4 with it's latest gcc?

If you want to include the package, it should at least build on
development branch fine, to be included in future releases as well. You
can, buildrequire gcc33 for example, but I believe it's not a favourite
'workaround', normally all packages should contain patches/fixes to
compile with the standard compiler; In case of fc/fe devel branch:
gcc-4.0.1.

>>Specfile:
>>* Release should be 1%{?dist}
>
> Ok, so the dist tag seems to be mandatory, other than the wiki says.

The dist tag must be included at the time the package is imported and to
not forget it at this later stage, I always ask to add it at first
review, since it doesn't harm anything if you eg. build it on your local
machine.

>>* You should not make
>>* rpmlint complains:
>>W: pam_abl non-standard-group Base
>

> Group: System Environment/Base
> would be correct?

Yes, this sounds like a much better choice. :-)

>>E: pam_abl hardcoded-library-path in /lib/security/$ISA/pam_abl.so
>
> Where is that error triggered from?

I guess it comes from the %description section.

>>* Do not add an 'install howto' in the description.
>
> Ok, will include a small README.Fedora file.

Yes, %doc README.Fedora sounds like a very good idea.

>>So far... For sure there are other things as well, but I had no closer
>>look at the pkg, since it doesn't work here... :-/

Best,
  Oliver