http://fedoraproject.org/extras/4/i386/repodata/

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 20:44:39 UTC 2005

On 7/13/05, Greg DeKoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:
> 1. Eric, get CVS access.  It's documented under "how to be a contributor."
> 2. Create the repo for comps in /cvs/fedora.  Sopwith?  Jeremy?
> 3. Eric, start hacking.
>
> Is that pretty much it?

I think there needs to be some helpful guidelines as to what group
definitions are going to be blessable and what packages should be
considered manadatory,default or optional inside a group.

Requests for addiing a package to a pre-existing gorup definition as
an optional package is just a matter of hacking the file... every
package maintainer could do this as easily as Eric or I could until
there is some sort of automatation available via cvs make logic.
There is very little room for rational argument when adding a package
to a pre-existing group as an optional member.  Optional members are
pulled in by default installs via s-c-p or anaconda or yum
groupinstall afaik... so the possible negative impact to accepting all
requests for packages as optional members of a group is minimal.

The more problematic issues are what to do is there is a request to
add a new visible group or there is a request to add a package as a
manadatory or default member of a group. There needs to be some
overall understanding in the contributor pool as to when requesting a
new group is appropriate... when requesting a package or package group
be made a mandatory or default member of a group.  And I certaintly
don't feel comfortable adding group definitions or adding packages as
mandatory group members willy-nilly.

-jef