Request for Review: xmlstartlet

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Jul 13 22:17:05 UTC 2005

[cc'ing the author of xmlstarlet]

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 02:34:24PM -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> > I think this is a bit too much to allow this in the current state to get
> > in. It would be cool if you can get those fixed,
>
> Fair enough. In that case I withdraw this package until further notice.

  Note that Ville Skyttä is pushing gdome2 to target xsh. In my opionion
xsh and xmlstartlet are competing, both are wrappers around libxml2 to
provide XML oriented scripting. I honnestly don't know which one might
be better or more complete.
  xmlstarlet seems to be somewhat actively developped last release was
2005-03-15 and there was another one in January. However in Sep 2004
Mikhail S Grushinskiy the author wanted to donate the code of xmlstar
to the libxml2/libxslt projects.
  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2004-September/msg00158.html

  Mikhail we are looking at integrating xmlstarlet in Fedora Core Extra
but we have a couple of technical difficulties,
  https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2005-July/msg00637.html

  your opinion would be welcome :-)

Daniel