wine for fedora core 4?

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Thu Jul 14 16:45:29 UTC 2005

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 16:42:07 +0200, Oliver Falk wrote:

> On 07/14/2005 04:22 PM, Jan Scott wrote:
> > I use fedora core 4 and want to install wine. But there are only rpm's
> > available for fedora core 1 , 2 , 3.
> > Is it safe to use the rpm corresponding with fedora core 3?
>
> Strange this is, there is an empty wine dir in extras devel repo:
>
> [oliver at moon extras] ls wine/
> CVS
>
> But for branch FC-3, RHL-9, there are the files (just checked 'em out)
> and owners.list tells me, who is the owner:
>
> [oliver at moon owners]$ grep wine owners.list
> Fedora Extras|wine|A Windows 16/32 bit emulator|pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
>
> So it seems, the branch was made, but the files never copied and so no
> build was requested yet...

"devel" is not a branch, FC-4, FC-3 and older are. If a package is
discontinued, the first place where to delete the files is "devel".
"devel" only contained wine because devel is where a module is started
before it's branched. The version of wine that was imported is from rh9
times and was branched by accident. Have a look at "cvs log".

--
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at users.sf.net>
Fedora Core release 5 (Development) - Linux 2.6.12-1.1432_FC5