Request for a sponsor and a review of: pam_abl

Jeff Pitman symbiont at berlios.de
Fri Jul 15 06:41:37 UTC 2005

On Thursday 14 July 2005 18:48, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Mandatory dist tags give a false impression of upgrade-path safety.

*shrug*

If they don't need disttags, that means they can move over across a dist
upgrade which gives a false impression of upgrade-path safety.

In fact, the rest of your points can be readily applied to packages that
don't need disttags, but float across dist upgrades.

In other words, we're going in circles when it's really unnecessary.

If we're just saving a rebuild by dropping a %{?dist}, I don't really
see that as a huge plus.  Cause, I don't think CPUs will be going on
strike any time soon.

--
-jeff