Request for a sponsor and a review of: pam_abl

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Fri Jul 15 07:46:16 UTC 2005

Hi Alexander!

On 07/13/2005 11:55 PM, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Mo, den 11.07.2005 schrieb Alexander Dalloz um 18:42:
> Its me again - next round for a review :)
>
> http://www.uni-x.org/pam_abl-0.2.2-1.src.rpm
> http://www.uni-x.org/pam_abl.spec
>
> Beside changes to be found in %changelog some additional notes:
>
> - the author of pam_abl Andy Armstrong replied very quickly and friendly
> to my mail: future versions will no longer have the date string in the
> tarball's name; releases are only differed by the release number
> (current on is 0.2.2)

Great!

>   so I changed the release tag, being aware that this would mean a lower
> value now than before; think it does no harm here as the package is
> still in review and the former one histore now

Yes, that's OK - at least for me.

> - running rpmlint gives me:
>   $ rpmlint pam_abl-0.2.2-1.i386.rpm
> E: pam_abl library-not-linked-against-libc /lib/security/pam_abl.so
> I am confused as of:
>   $ ldd /lib/security/pam_abl.so
>         libdb-4.2.so => /lib/tls/libdb-4.2.so (0x00a9e000)
>         libpthread.so.0 => /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0 (0x003d7000)
>         libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/libc.so.6 (0x00111000)
>         /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x008fd000)

I don't get this:
[of at moon SPECS]$ rpmlint ../SRPMS/pam_abl-0.2.2-1.src.rpm
[of at moon SPECS]$

> - Oliver, rereading your first review I noticed that you commented about
> the .spec file:
>   * You should not make
>   Could you please tell me what is meant by that?

I cannot remember, but I took a second look at the spec, see notes below.

> Further critics appreciated, but would be glad too to hear this is a
> major step forward to being approved.

Yes, it's a major step forward :-)

Attached is a patch with recommended changes. You don't have to apply
all the whitespace stuff I added, it was just some cosmetic...

But:
* Macro usage was inconsitant
* At some points macros weren't used (eg. _sysconfdir}
* Added a fine for the reldate (even if it will not live very long)
* Moved pam_abl from /sbin to /usr/sbin - you don't need this before a
possible external /usr gets mounted.

Best,
  Oliver