Bugzilla usage

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Fri Jul 15 12:04:32 UTC 2005

On 07/15/2005 01:50 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> So this is more of a procedural question, but I thought I'd ask.  I've
> got a bug that has been found and fixed in the latest release of a
> package.  The bugzilla entry was opened against devel, but it's also
> present in FE-3 and FE-4 since the same package is used across all of
> them.
>
> So now that the bug is fixed, I intend to mark it CURRENTRELEASE.  But
> if someone runs a bugzilla query for this bug, there is no indication at
> first glance that it's also been fixed for FE-3 and FE-4.  So should I:
>
> a) clone the bug for FE-3 and FE-4 marking both of them as
> CURRENTRELEASE as well
>
> b) just comment in the original bug that it has been fixed in all
> versions of FE
>
> c) not worry so much about it and get a life
>
> Thoughts?

c). If you also fix it for FE3 and FE4.

If someone with an older version encounters this bug on FE3/4, he will -
hopefully - first update his package and not first go to Bugzilla and
query for this bug. :-) And if he really does, you can mark the bug as a
duplicate of 'current' bug in Bugzilla and close it with CURRENTRELEASE.

My 2 cent. At least I would do it this way.

Best,
  Oliver