http://fedoraproject.org/extras/4/i386/repodata/

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Jul 15 14:59:18 UTC 2005

> On 7/15/05, Chris Ricker <kaboom at oobleck.net> wrote:
> > should do the right thing
>
> are you sure about that?  Are the tools that expose ui for groups able
> to handling the nesting of visible groups?  If the end-user tools can
> deal sanely with visible sub-groups then great.. if not.. is there a
> plan to in the future or is this a non-starter?

Interestingly, I was just having the discussion about being able to nest
things somewhat more arbitrarily a couple of days ago.  As far as the
code is concerned, it's not that hard to do.  The more complicated part
is how you avoid the UI becoming a problem (doing dialogs on top of
dialogs on top of ... gets to be bad quickly).

So I'm not against going down that path, but at the same time, I think
it does make sense to think about it from a user standpoint and try to
come up with something that works better.

Jeremy