http://fedoraproject.org/extras/4/i386/repodata/

Chris Ricker kaboom at oobleck.net
Fri Jul 15 15:27:26 UTC 2005

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> On 7/15/05, Chris Ricker <kaboom at oobleck.net> wrote:
> > should do the right thing
>
> are you sure about that?  Are the tools that expose ui for groups able
> to handling the nesting of visible groups?  If the end-user tools can
> deal sanely with visible sub-groups then great.. if not.. is there a
> plan to in the future or is this a non-starter?

The outline I did was nesting a uservisible=no sub-group inside a
uservisible=yes

That's currently done and supported by the various tools involved

Nesting yes inside yes isn't done at the moment AFAICT (anaconda uses
categories instead of groups at that layer)....

My thinking is that whenever tools get extended to deal with providing
both kinds of views (type and function), functional would hide
uservisible=no but type would not

later,
chris