Request for review: dvb-apps

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Sun Jul 17 15:47:09 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-17 at 14:39 +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 16:17 +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/LinuxTV_dvb-apps
> >
> > dvb-apps is a package containing utility, demo and test applications
> > using the Linux DVB API.
> >
> > The package is meant for FC4 and later, builds and works for me on i386,
> > build tested on ppc, x86_64 untested.
> >
> > http://cachalot.mine.nu/4/SRPMS/dvb-apps-1.1.0-0.4.src.rpm
>
> Anyone?  This should be a pretty trivial review.

Review:

Bad:

- Missing COPYING (or some other file containing GPL)

Good:

- rpmlint clean
- naming ok
- package meets PackagingGuidelines
- license OK (GPL), matches files...
- spec is in Am. English, is legible
- Sources match upstream
- package compiles/builds on x86 (FC4)
- no locales
- no shared/static libs
- not relocatable
- owns all directories that it makes
- no duplicate files in %files
- permissions ok
- clean section ok
- macro use consistent
- code, not content
- no large docs
- all %doc files ok (except missing GPL license text)

Except for the one blocker, this looks great. Since its a trivial thing
to fix (I'm confident in your ability to find that file and include it
as Source1), this package is approved.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!