Clamav, Amavisd-new, Pyzor, DCC and Dansguardian

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Mon Jul 18 08:26:06 UTC 2005

On 07/18/2005 10:13 AM, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> On Lun 18 juillet 2005 13:05, Ali Erdinç Köroðlu wrote:
>>Hi all,
>>I would like to prepare Clamav, Amavisd-new, Pyzor, DCC and Dansguardian
>>packages
>>so is there any maintainer for them? if not I want to take the
>>responsibility.
>

> clamav and pyzor (and razor, spamassassin) are already packaged.
>
> amavisd-new isn't but all deps should already be taken care of. The
> difficult part is to automate cleanly clamav and MTA integration.
>
> Last time I checked DCC was not OSS and/or a bastard to package.

You may have a look at my dcc package:
http://filelister.linux-kernel.at/downloads/packages/lkernAT/SRPMS/dcc-1.3.0-1.src.rpm

I took that from Mandrake some time ago and updated it. But the last
update is allready a while ago. Actuall version is 1.3.6 and mine is 1.3.0.

And license:

The Distributed Checksum Clearinghouse source carries a license that is
free to organizations that do not sell filtering devices or services
except to their own users and that participate in the global DCC
network. (I.e. ISPs that use the DCC to filter mail for their own users
are intended to be covered in the free license.) You also can't call it
your own or blame anyone for using it.

It shouldn't be a problem to included it!? In my spec: BSD-like (but I
told you, copied that from Mandrake).

Best,
  Oliver