Ownership claim: MagicPoint

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 14:43:11 UTC 2005

On 7/17/05, Rui Miguel Seabra <rms at 1407.org> wrote:
> What would you advise? I followed this procedure since it's not a new
> package, but I can just as easily change.

In general I would say its a good idea to ask for review of any
package, even an orphaned one, before you import it to get help making
sure the spec is conformat to the evolving standards for extras.
Sure, according to the process, established contributors with cvs
access don't need to get explicit approval to get an orphaned package
back into the build system, but its always a good idea to do a round
of review and clean up the spec.  This is especially true for new
contributors who aren't maintaining a package yet inside core or
extras. The front loaded review process is a useful mechanism for
mentoring and discussion.

-jef