Request for approval: perl-Mail-SPF-Query and perl-Net-CIDR-Lite

Steven Pritchard steve at silug.org
Mon Jul 18 15:18:12 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 03:51:48PM +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> Bad:
> - license text not included in %%doc
>
> I guess you could auto-generate this using:
>
> perldoc -t perlgpl
> and
> perldoc -t perlartistic
>
> Virtually all other perl module packages in Extras also neglect to
> include the license text, so I don't know how hard and fast this
> particular rule is.

Since most perl modules just say "you can redistribute it and/or
modify it under the same terms as Perl itself" (the README included in
%doc says that), I would think that would be good enough.  If the
module includes Artistic or COPYING, I would definitely include it in
the package, but generating it for each package that doesn't seems a
bit excessive to me.

I'm not violently opposed to the idea or anything though, so if that's
what is decided, I'll do it...

Steve
--
Steven Pritchard - K&S Pritchard Enterprises, Inc.
Email: steve at kspei.com             http://www.kspei.com/