Please review: monotone

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Mon Jul 18 22:44:09 UTC 2005

Ok, let's get this show on the road.  There are several of us who have
proposed monotone rpms.  I haven't heard anything like a clear approval,
and I can't figure out who it is who ought to be stepping forward to do
that.  I would be happy to be the maintainer, as probably would each other
who has proposed it.  I'm ready to go right now if I can figure out what
constitutes proper approval.

monotone 0.21 was just released, and it builds out of the box on FC4 and on
rawhide.  Below is my current version of the spec file.  I've added the
emacs support to the rpm.  I'll probably keep tweaking it, and may add some
other stuff to make it simpler to run a monotone netsync server.  This
works just fine as it is.  Someone please tell me to commit it already.

Thanks,
Roland

Name: monotone
Version: 0.21
Release: 1%{?dist}

Group: Development/Tools
License: GPL

Source0: http://www.venge.net/monotone/downloads/%{name}-%{version}.tar.gz

BuildRoot: %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-root-%(%{__id_u} -n)

BuildRequires: boost-devel >= 1.32.0
BuildRequires: lua
%if 1
%define bundled_sqlite yes
%else
# in fact, monotone has a locally-hacked 3.2.2, so we can't replace it
BuildRequires: sqlite-devel >= 3.2.2
%define bundled_sqlite no
%endif

BuildRequires: emacs

Requires(post): /sbin/install-info
Requires(postun): /sbin/install-info

%description
monotone is a free, distributed version control system.
It provides fully disconnected operation, manages complete
tree versions, keeps its state in a local transactional
database, supports overlapping branches and extensible
metadata, exchanges work over plain network protocols,
performs history-sensitive merging, and delegates trust
functions to client-side RSA certificates.

%prep
%setup -q

%build
%configure --with-bundled-lua=no --with-bundled-sqlite=%{bundled_sqlite}
make %{?_smp_mflags}

%check
make %{?_smp_mflags} check

%install
rm -rf %{buildroot}
make install DESTDIR=%{buildroot}
rm -f %{buildroot}/%{_infodir}/dir

lispdir=%{buildroot}/%{_datadir}/emacs/site-lisp
mkdir -p ${lispdir}
%{__install} -c -m 0444 contrib/monotone.el ${lispdir}/monotone.el
emacs -batch -f batch-byte-compile ${lispdir}/monotone.el

%clean
rm -rf %{buildroot}

%post
if [ $1 -eq 1 ]
then
	/sbin/install-info %{_infodir}/monotone.info %{_infodir}/dir > /dev/null 2>&1 || :
fi

%postun
if [ $1 -eq 0 ]
then
	/sbin/install-info --delete %{_infodir}/monotone.info %{_infodir}/dir > /dev/null 2>&1 || :
fi

%files
%defattr(-,root,root,-)
%doc AUTHORS COPYING ChangeLog INSTALL NEWS README README.changesets UPGRADE
%doc monotone.html

%{_bindir}/monotone
%{_infodir}/monotone.info*
%{_mandir}/man1/monotone.1*
%{_datadir}/emacs/site-lisp/monotone.el*

%changelog
* Mon Jul 18 2005 Roland McGrath <roland at redhat.com> - 0.21-1
- Updated for 0.21 release.
- Install Emacs support.

* Thu Jul  7 2005 Roland McGrath <roland at redhat.com> - 0.20-0.1
- Updated for 0.20 release.
- Added %%check section.
- Cannot use FC4 native sqlite3, need newer bundled one.

* Mon Apr 18 2005 Jeffrey C. Ollie <jcollie at lt16586.campus.dmacc.edu> - 0.18-0.4
- Modified summary so that it doesn't contain the name

* Thu Apr 14 2005 Jeffrey C. Ollie <jcollie at lt16586.campus.dmacc.edu> - 0.18-0.3
- Modified install-info commands to prevent errors in case of --excludedocs

* Wed Apr 13 2005 Jeffrey C. Ollie <jcollie at lt16586.campus.dmacc.edu> - 0.18-0.2
- Added post and postun scripts to take care of .info file
- Added parallel make flags

* Wed Apr 13 2005 Jeffrey C. Ollie <jcollie at lt16586.campus.dmacc.edu> - 0.18-0.1
- First version.