Request for review: smeg (Simple menu editor gnome) & pyxdg

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue Jul 19 00:11:40 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 18:27 +0200, Sindre Pedersen Bjordal wrote:
> http://foolish.digitalinc.info/pakker/SRPMS/smeg.spec
> http://foolish.digitalinc.info/pakker/SRPMS/smeg-0.7.1-1.src.rpm
>
> http://foolish.digitalinc.info/pakker/SRPMS/pyxdg.spec
> http://foolish.digitalinc.info/pakker/SRPMS/pyxdg-0.13-1.src.rpm
>
> Updated smeg to 0.7.1, discovered a missing dep (gnome-python2-gconf)
>
> Updated pyxdg to 0.13 as smeg requires it.

Review: pyxdg (reviewed pyxdg-0.14-2)

Good:

- rpmlint checks return nothing
- meets naming guidelines (pyxdg is ok)
- meets PackagingGuidelines
- License OK (LGPL), matches source, text of license included
- spec is in am.english, legible
- sources match upstream
- package builds ok on FC4 (x86)
- no unnecessary BuildRequires, no missing BuildRequires
- no locales
- no shared library files
- no -docs, no -devel
- not relocatable
- owns all directories it creates
- no duplicate files
- %clean ok
- macro use is consistent

APPROVED

Review: smeg (reviewed smeg-0.7.5-2)

Bad:
- Should be BuildArch: noarch (nothing is actually compiled here)
- Doesn't need CFLAGS passed at build time

Good:

- rpmlint errors:
E: smeg only-non-binary-in-usr-lib (no worries, this is python)
- naming is ok
- meets PackagingGuidelines
- License ok (GPL), matches actual code, text included in %doc
- spec in am. english, legible
- source matches upstream
- package builds and runs ok on FC4 (x86)
- no missing or forbidden BR
- no shared libs
- no -docs, -devel
- no locales
- not relocatable
- owns all directories it creates
- no duplicate files
- macro use consistent
- file attribs ok
- code, not content

The blocker on smeg is minor, and easily resolved, so I'm marking this
APPROVED. Please make this package noarch without CFLAGS before you
request a build.

Thanks,

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!