Sponsor and review request: opendap, librx --> *and* NCO review request

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue Jul 19 00:26:51 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 13:10 -0400, Ed Hill wrote:

> Heres the latest version:
>
>   http://mitgcm.org/eh3/fedora_misc/nco.spec
>   http://mitgcm.org/eh3/fedora_misc/nco-3.0.1-1.src.rpm
>
> which is everything from the previous submissions plus an update to the
> latest stable version (3.0.1) plus a comment about the eventual use of
> opendap-devel.  I tested it on both FC3 and FC4 so it appears to be
> ready for a (hopefully final?) review.

Review: (nco-3.0.1-1)

Bad:
- Missing COPYING as %doc (you can find it in doc/)

Good:
- rpmlint checks return:
W: nco-devel no-documentation (safe to ignore)
- naming is ok
- meets PackagingGuidelines
- license ok (GPL), matches code, but not in package?
- spec in am. english, legible
- source matches upstream (cvs co, looks ok)
- package compiles ok on FC4 (x86)
- no missing, forbidden items as BR
- no locales
- post/postun ok
- not relocatable
- owns all dirs it creates
- no duplicate files
- permissions set ok
- %clean ok
- no need for -docs
- macro use is consistent
- code not content
- nothing in %doc affects runtime
- headers/static libs in -devel
- no .pc files
- no suffixed libs
- devel package properly requires base package
- no .la files

Really minor issue of the license file text is the only blocker, please
fix it before you request a build. APPROVED.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!