Request for a sponsor and a review of: pam_abl

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Tue Jul 19 21:17:44 UTC 2005

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 22:34:57 +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> A few hours ago I did run
>
> ./cvs-import.sh \ ~/redhat/SRPMS/pam_abl-0.2.2-2.src.rpm
>
> to get the approved src.rpm into CVS. At least as this is my first
> package and first contact with the CVS system I like to request a
> further approval and ok for going further for starting the build
> request. The docu
>
> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/BuildRequests
>
> says to run "make build" - obvious after first running "cvs co pam_abl"
> in the workdir to get a local copy of the CVS package and then running
> the make command inside the $WORKDIR/pam_abl/devel dir - followed by a
> "cvs commit"?.

Not followed by a cvs commit. There is nothing you need to commit
explicitly for a build request. "make build" modifies and commits the
changed "tobuild" file for you.

> Don't I have to specify for which branch I want the
> package to be build?

No, default is to determine the branch based on the directory
you're in.

> Will it be build automatically for each current
> Fedora releases (3 and 4 actually) and rawhide/development?

No, for that you would need to run "make build" in every branch directory,
i.e. pam_abl/FC-4, pam_abl/FC-3 and so on.

> I am a bit unsure and don't want to break things. Thanks.

Watch fedora-extras-commits list mails and scream loudly if you think
something broke.