Request for review: umfpack

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Wed Jul 20 14:54:38 UTC 2005

Quentin Spencer wrote:
> umfpack is a library for solving linear equations involving sparse
> matrices. It is used by the newest development versions of octave (the
> 2.9.x tree which is in preparation for an upcoming 3.0 release), which I
> plan to eventually include in the Extras development tree. An SRPM can
> be found at:
>
> http://webpages.charter.net/qspencer/octave/umfpack-4.4-1.src.rpm
>
> Please take a look at this. It builds pretty quickly.

# rpmlint umfpack umfpack-devel
W: umfpack invalid-license Freely distributable
W: umfpack-devel invalid-license Freely distributable

Not sure if this is rpmlint issue or not, I'm not that up on my
licenses.  License text is included and looks good.

Is the AMD library of any use broken out?  Are we going to conflict with
anything else using libamd?

Probably want to remove commented stuff in %prep:

%prep
%setup -q -n UMFPACKv%{version}
%patch0 -p0
#%setup -q -c %{name}-%{version}
#mv UMFPACKv%{version} shared
#cp -a shared static

I would be explicit and own the include directory:

%{_includedir}/umfpack/

--
Orion Poplawski
System Administrator                   303-415-9701 x222