Request for a sponsor and a review of: pam_abl

Alexander Dalloz alex at dalloz.de
Wed Jul 20 22:54:54 UTC 2005

Am Mi, den 20.07.2005 schrieb Michael Schwendt um 1:52:

> On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 00:16:43 +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
>
> > - then running cvs-import.sh for FC3 and FC4 too
>
> How to import new packages on older branches?
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/UsingCvsFaq#head-ffbc4a432ba7fbda0cf1c4d9cf1697189ddd29dd
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/UsingCvsFaq

I was following or even tried to follow those instructions.
Unfortunately the CVSSyncNeeded page was either much too obvious, I am
too brain dead or a mixture of both, so that I didn't see what to do
exacty. With help from Elliot in IRC I now see that the wiki is not only
the place of the documentation but too used for Fedora processes, such
like the branch creation request log.
While talking to Elliot he was so kind and created the FC3 and FC4
branches for pam_abl for me.
As pam_abl was reviewed and approved by Oliver Falk last Friday based on
the src.rpm, there seems to be no real reason why another review is
required now based on CVS info. At least I did understand Elliot in this
way. So if nobody protests I will soon request a build for devel, FC4
and FC3.

> > - in devel, FC4 and FC3 branch directories in my local package directory
> > in the workdir I will then run "make tag" and "make build" to initiate
> > the build on the buildsystem
>
> Yes, "make tag" because you use %{?dist} and because cvs-import.sh
> does not seem to substitute %{?dist} appropriately. Otherwise,
> cvs-import.sh tags the imported files for you automatically,
> failing for tags which exist already somewhere else.

Ok, http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/BuildRequests is clear
about this aspect.

> > Hope these questions do not sound too dumb, but all the steps aren't
> > that obvious for me from following the documentation in wiki for feeling
> > sure.
>
> Where the current documentation is poor, we should improve it.

When I get another package into CVS and I am feeling that most of my
questions are not questionable any longer I will try to make some
remarks about where I stumbled first time.

Thank you Michael.

Alexander

--

1024D/866ED681 2005-07-11 Alexander Dalloz (Fedora Project) <alex at dalloz.de>
Key fingerprint = CD40 0A91 7814 C1E4 5940  8E0E 1FD5 C316 866E D681