Request for review: koffice

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Thu Jul 21 00:42:49 UTC 2005

Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>

>>Once upon a time Wednesday 20 July 2005 5:45 pm, Andreas Bierfert wrote:
>>
>>>Ok why is koffice being checked in to extras without any notice to this
>>>thread?
>>>

>>Seems like than is doing his own thing, He is not the person who was
>>proposing koffice.  I want koffice in extras.  Regardless of who
>>maintains it they need to follow the correct procedures.  I think that
>>thans import should be dropped and he should submit his SPEC file for
>>approval like evryone else.
>

> I completely agree.  We're working on it.

Than has done absolutely nothing wrong.  Red Hat engineers AFAIK have
never bypassed any established process.  We have however considered
packages previously in Core but dropped as not requiring review before
import into Extras.  If this has not been noted in the procedures then
THAT is my fault.

Dennis if your package is superior to the original Red Hat package, then
you are welcome to replace whatever is in CVS and become the new
maintainer.  I'll take a look at your package now myself.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com