Run of repoclosure against core-development and extras-development

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu Jul 21 07:07:45 UTC 2005

> So on a whim., i ran repoclosure against development and
> extras-development. And of course I've got some out-of-sync packages
> in the extras tree due to the uptick in activity in rawhide.

No great surprise given that rawhide has been active whilst the Extras
buildsystem has been undergoing maintenance and hence unavailable for a
week or so.

> The
> question is what to do about broken deps i found?
> I'm loath to file individual bugreports manually everytime i get bored
> enough to do this run.  Are we at the point where we can add an
> automated run of this periodicly that notifizes extras package
> maintainers about broken deps.. not unsimilar to the rawhide build
> report but perhaps not daily.

I'd have thought weekly would be fine for notices that go directly to
maintainers (who might be on vacation for instance), but daily would be
OK for a composite message sent to a list, like the one for the rawhide
build report.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>