Request for review: koffice

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Thu Jul 21 11:53:54 UTC 2005

Once upon a time Thursday 21 July 2005 6:40 am, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:55:19 -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
> > (You also did not need review to import it in the first place, because
> > it was previously in Core.  It was my mistake that this was not noted in
> >   the procedures earlier.  Both RH engineers and community contributors
> > were following this exception during the past few months.)
>
> It's noted in the process docs for a long time. Quote:
>
>   For packages included in and removed from a previous version of Fedora
>   Core, generally no explicit approval is needed for restoring the package
>   in Fedora Extras (unless legal/licencing issues were the reason for
>   removal), but do notify fedora-extras-list.
>
> And I think we've seen quite some notifications on extras list prior
> to cvs imports of old Core packages.

Yes  there has been  but in this case there wasn't.  do we want the precedent
changed?

Than has never once posted to the fedora-extras-list  according to google.  I
have no problem with him maintaining koffice.  i have a problem  with him
just importing  the package into cvs without having said he was going to do
it  especially after the recent discussions on packaging koffice on the list.

Dennis