Request for sponsor and review of: lazarus and fpc

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Thu Jul 21 15:14:21 UTC 2005

Hi all,

Some time ago Jens Petersen helped me a lot with creating a package for
freepascal (fpc 2.0.0) but I didn't succeed to find a sponsor thus far.

In the meantime an IDE which works with freepascal 2.0.0 is available.
Maybe someone want to review the lazarus package, and even sponsor me so
I can commit fpc and lazarus into the cvs.

Lazarus:

Lazarus is a free and opensource RAD tool for freepascal using the
lazarus component library - LCL, which is also included in this package.

fpc:

Freepascal is a free 32/64bit Pascal Compiler. It comes with a run-time
library fully compatible with Turbo Pascal 7.0 and nearly Delphi
compatible. Some extensions are added to the language, like function
overloading. Shared libraries can be linked. This package contains
commandline compiler and utils. Provided units are the runtime library
(RTL), free component library (FCL) and bindings for among others gtk1,
gtk2, ncurses, zlib, mysql, postgres and ibase.

All needed files can be found here:
http://www.cnoc.nl/fpc
http://www.cnoc.nl/fpc/fpc-2.0.0-0.6.src.rpm
http://www.cnoc.nl/fpc/lazarus-0.9.8-0.1.src.rpm

especially Lazarus is worth a view. It's the most advanced IDE which
works on Linux that I know of.

Regards,
  Joost