Core and Extras maintainers coordination

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 18:03:01 UTC 2005

On 7/22/05, Greg DeKoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:
> So what are you proposing, exactly?  Are you offering to put together the
> depcheck code that you're alluding to here, and work with Dan and Seth to
> get it integrated into the build system?

Could the dep-reporting code being used for the daily rawhide reports
be extended to include Extras as well?  My understanding is that its a
variation on what repomanage does and run across multiple arches. In
another thread, I talked about my experience running repomanage
against core-development and extras-development on x86 and the idea of
generating something like a weekly depbreakage report.  If Panu can
hack repomanage to only check the deps for the "newest" packages in a
repo that solves one of the biggest problems remaining that I can see
to using repomanage as a depbreakage reporting tool for
Core+Updates+Extras.

-jef