Core and Extras maintainers coordination

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Fri Jul 22 19:44:00 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 12:16 -0700, Nathan Grennan wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 20:07 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> > There's no need for this; the owners.list file in the "owners" module of
> > Extras cvs contains the contact address for the current maintainer of
> > each package.
> >
> > awk -F\| '$2 == "packagename" { print $4 }' owners.list
>
>   Cool, though I would still prefer to see this added to the rpm.
> Regular users might want this information and having to dig it out of
> cvs isn't good.

There's also the CVS web interface:
http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/owners/owners.list?root=extras&rev=.&view=auto

And just to point out, depending on the use case, there are already
several sources for that for regular users, in more human friendly
format than the above:

If one just wants to know the name of the maintainer:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/describecomponents.cgi?product=Fedora%20Extras

If one wants to report a bug or suggest enhancements etc, use Bugzilla.

If one wants to know who has been working on the package lately, there's
the package changelog.