Core and Extras maintainers coordination

Nathan Grennan fedora-extras-list at cygnusx-1.org
Fri Jul 22 20:52:19 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 22:44 +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> There's also the CVS web interface:
> http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/owners/owners.list?root=extras&rev=.&view=auto
>
> And just to point out, depending on the use case, there are already
> several sources for that for regular users, in more human friendly
> format than the above:
>
> If one just wants to know the name of the maintainer:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/describecomponents.cgi?product=Fedora%20Extras
>
> If one wants to report a bug or suggest enhancements etc, use Bugzilla.
>
> If one wants to know who has been working on the package lately, there's
> the package changelog.

  Yes, there are many sources, but none as easy and straight forward as
adding it as a tag to the rpm. I would expect to be able to find the
information via rpm -qi. As for the changelog, I brought up in other
messages why knowing the head/lead/owner of the package versus looking
in the changelog and guessing the right person would be useful. I didn't
know about the urls above until you pointed them out, but I have known
about rpm -qi and the changelog for years.

  Even now that I know about them, it doesn't do other people that don't
happen to read this message much good. I might have been able to find
the information by digging into the fedora.redhat.com site, but rpm -qi
is so much easier and I think obvious.