Re-Request for review: pytz and python-dateutil

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sat Jul 23 08:51:22 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 14:43 -0600, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 17:20 +0100, José Matos wrote:
> >

> >>  My problem is that you have defined the package as noarch and then you are
> >>passing -O1 to the install script, thus passing .pyo files.
> >

> > No problem there (although explicitly generating *.pyo is no longer
> > necessary in FC4 and later, rpmbuild does it automatically).  And *.pyo
> > are relevant both for arch-dependent and noarch packages.
> >

> Being very much a python newbie, I don't know about -O1 and .pyo files.
>   I do see that if I remove the -O1 I don't see any .pyo files in my rpm
> (on FC4).  I'll leave it off I guess.

Apologies, that's actually done automatically in redhat-rpm-config
8.0.35 and later (ie. > FC4, not >= FC4).

So you actually should take care of them yourself; just keep the -O1 and
include the *.pyo the usual way or %ghost them (I don't know which of
these is the current consensus, but one of them should be done).