Re-Request for review: kompose

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Sun Jul 24 20:05:32 UTC 2005

Once upon a time Friday 22 July 2005 5:07 pm, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> Latest version:
>

> http://www.cora.nwra.com/~orion/fedora/kompose-0.5.3-2.src.rpm
> http://www.cora.nwra.com/~orion/fedora/kompose.spec
>
> I'm putting an icon in %{_datadir}/pixmaps to get it to display in the
> menu.  Not sure if this is the best place.

Im not sure if its the best place  or best way to do it.  i guess best way
would be to have the icon in upstream icon sets  but i guess its ok.

 rpmlint ../RPMS/i386/kompose-0.5.3-2.fc4.i386.rpm
W: kompose incoherent-version-in-changelog 0.5.3-2 0.5.3-2.fc4
W: kompose
dangling-symlink /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kompose/common /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/common
W: kompose
symlink-should-be-relative /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kompose/common /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/common

the symlink  thing  im not 100% sure of.  i found a reference at
http://lists.rpmforge.net/pipermail/svn-commits/2004-September/000954.html
that to me looks like rpmlint is set to ignore   the symlink error

will need a requires of kdebase  due to html files

License  is ok
MD5 sums match those of upstream package
compiles builds and runs on X86  (FC4 and rawhide)
naming ok

So if someone else aggess with me on symlink issue and  says its ok to put the
icon in that way, and requires gets fixed  then ill approve.

--
Dennis Gilmore  RHCE
<dennis AT ausil DOT us> http://www.ausil.us