Request for sponsor and review of: lazarus and fpc

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Mon Jul 25 17:57:53 UTC 2005

Jens Petersen wrote:
> Orion Poplawski wrote:
>
> Thanks for the review.
>

>>POSSIBLY VERY BAD:
>>
>> - tar.gz of binary executables as part of the package!
>

> This is basically needed to bootstrap fpc.
>
> Jens

Yeah, but what *are* they?  From a security standpoint alone putting in
binaries seems suspect.  Also, there is no license info for that
package.  I think you would need to provide the source for those
binaries and build them as part of the fpc build process.

I'm really not the person to answer these questions though.

- Orion