Fedora account

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Wed Jul 27 03:12:20 UTC 2005

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 04:45:02 +0200, Fredrik Tolf wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 04:38 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 03:02:01 +0200, Fredrik Tolf wrote:
> > > However, I have yet to receive a reply or any kind of reaction on that
> > > application. Does it normally take this long, or might there be some
> > > error?
> >
> > Do you remember at which step of the sign-up process you were?
>
> Step? Do you mean it said something like that when I submitted? In that
> case, I do not remember. If you mean "step" as in what I did, I applied
> for a new account (I had not yet gotten to request CVS access).

Yes, applying for an account is a process which consists of multiple
steps. The https://admin.fedora.redhat.com/accounts/ page uses the
word "step", too, at the top, and explains the individual steps which
are necessary, such as requesting the Contributor License Agreement.

> > What is your user name?
>
> Umm... I think I chose "fredrik".

With username and password, you should be able to verify that at
the web page.

> > I think the only few cases when account requests have been rejected is
> > when a person did not accompany the request with prior contributions
> > or discussions about them (such as packaging on fedora-extras-list).
>
> Even if I had been rejected, I would expect to have got some kind of
> indication about that. :)

Yes, I think so.