Request for review: keychain opt-in mechanism

Alexander Dalloz alex at dalloz.de
Wed Jul 27 15:20:56 UTC 2005

Am Mi, den 20.07.2005 schrieb Alexander Dalloz um 18:46:

> Starting a new thread about keychain and especially the requested opt-in
> mechanism I like to request reviewing my fresh new script suggestion.
> The old thread is to be found as
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2005-July/msg00593.html
>
> I am starting with a fresh new thread to focus on what the past
> discussion brought up to be helpful within the package.
>
> Ed Hill thankfully approved my presented keychain src.rpm on 13th - now
> as some of you (namely Chip Turner, Ed Hill, Ville Skyttä) voted for an
> ease of use mechanism I beg for criticising following:

[ ... ]

> Alexander

Ok, hope to get the keychain package pushed up into Extras and from my
work queue by this to be hopefully the last request for a review. The
package / tool is very small and as there was already a review and
approval I just desire mainly a critical view over the opt-in mechanism
/ profile.d scripts.

http://www.uni-x.org/review/keychain.spec
http://www.uni-x.org/review/keychain-2.5.4.1-2.src.rpm

The profile scripts should work for all shell types Fedora ships with
(bash, sh, csh, tcsh, ksh, zsh). Whoever sees a problem please report
it.

Very short comment: I do not use the %{?dist} tag as the rpm just wraps
3 shell scripts and is in no way distribution release specific.

Regards

Alexander

--

1024D/866ED681 2005-07-11 Alexander Dalloz (Fedora Project) <alex at dalloz.de>
Key fingerprint = CD40 0A91 7814 C1E4 5940  8E0E 1FD5 C316 866E D681