build failed from bad repodata

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Thu Jul 28 08:30:25 UTC 2005

seth vidal wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 01:13 -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
>
>>What am I supposed to do about this?
>>(http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/logs//4/52-monotone-0.21-2.fc4/)
>>
>>Just "make build" again, or what?
>>

>>/usr/sbin/mock-helper yum --installroot /var/lib/mock/fedora-4-x86_64-core-9c30d592682cbff5339085dd4c13c7511dcae967/root groupinstall build
>>http://fedoraproject.org/extras/4/x86_64/repodata/filelists.xml.gz: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
>>Trying other mirror.
>>Error: failure: repodata/filelists.xml.gz from extras: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
>>

> leave it alone - I'll resubmit it. The packages were pushed at the wrong
> time.

I consider this to be a minor design flaw.  It is not good that the
pusher needs to watch asynchronous events and wait for the perfect time
in order to push without causing other parts of the build system to
fail.  The system could be improved in the future to be robust enough to
handle this.  Maybe it could detect this particular error and restart
the BuildRequires population from the beginning after a pause, maybe the
existence of a lockfile?

This is low priority to fix for now because it is easy to avoid now that
I know about the problem.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com