Request for review: lzo2

Alexander Dalloz alex at dalloz.de
Thu Jul 28 14:36:22 UTC 2005

LZO -- a real-time data compression library

While we have "lzo" already in Extras, in version 1.08, I like to have
the new version in there in parallel. So I named it "lzo2". It can be
installed in parallel to the "lzo 1" as the programmer took care for
this.

From ChangeLog http://www.oberhumer.com/opensource/lzo/lzonews.php

"Changes in 2.01 (27 Jun 2005)
  * Changed the configure system to install the LZO library under the
    name "liblzo2" so that parallel installation with LZO v1 is possible."

lzo 1.08 needs to stay in Fedora Extas for other packages build against it.
NewRequest for review: lzo2er packages could use lzo2 in future, like upcoming
OpenVPN 2.0.1 is prepared for it.

http://www.oberhumer.com/opensource/lzo/

"LZO 2.01 has been released, featuring major speedups for 64-bit architectures
like AMD64, minor overall speedups, portability enhancements for LLP64
programming models, and lots of other small improvements."

spec file and src.rpm for a review:

http://www.uni-x.org/review/lzo2.spec
http://www.uni-x.org/review/lzo2-2.01-1.src.rpm

Alexander

--

1024D/866ED681 2005-07-11 Alexander Dalloz (Fedora Project) <alex at dalloz.de>
Key fingerprint = CD40 0A91 7814 C1E4 5940  8E0E 1FD5 C316 866E D681