WINE

Fri Jul 29 18:06:22 UTC 2005

Le vendredi 29 juillet 2005 à 19:31 +0200, Miloslav Trmac a écrit :
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 07:39:19AM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > What you say here doesn't make much sense, because GL support in Linux
> > is implemented via shared libraries.
> >
> > I.e. you normally compile against Mesa-LibGL's headers/API and use an
> > arbitrary libGL.so.1 at run-time. I.e. the GL spead-up provided by
> > NVidia's GL is a run-time feature, not a built-time dependency.
> Last time I checked (which is more than a year ago), NVidia's GL
> provided some API not available in Mesa.  Usage of such APIs
> results also in a run-time dependency.
>
> (I don't know whether this is relevant to the way Wine uses GL.)

I'm sure numerous people don't care at all about the GL part (people
using notes under linux...). It's not nice to put wine in livna and make
it depend on nvidia's closed stuff. If it's so important, why no put
wine in FE and rebuild a special version (other package name) in
livna ?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot