Request for Review krecipes

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sat Jul 30 08:22:26 UTC 2005

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:47:24 -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Could someone please review krecipes for me.
> SPEC: http://ausil.us/packages/krecipes.spec
> SRPM: http://ausil.us/packages/krecipes-0.8.1-1.fc4.src.rpm

* That it requires

  qt-MySQL
    (+mysql)
  qt-PostgreSQL
    (+postgresql)

in addition to using SQLite is less than ideal, because the database
support cannot be split off. PostgreSQL support is warned as being "beta".
Dropping the explicit requirements doesn't do any harm. Krecipes warns
in a graphical dialog about the Qt plugins not being found, so they are
more of a "soft requirement" and could be dropped from the spec.

* Clicking "Help" in the Wizard doesn't do anything.

> Only things im not 100% sure about is
>
> rpmlint ../RPMS/i386/krecipes-0.8.1-1.fc4.i386.rpm

> W: krecipes
> symlink-should-be-relative /usr/share/doc/HTML/da/krecipes/common /usr/share/doc/HTML/da/common

rpmlint is right, since absolute symlinks can break more easily than
relative symlinks. But it's not an issue, since the absolute paths are
correct for Fedora Core.

* Package summary reads like a marketing slogan, not like a good
  summary that explains what this package contains. Something more
  generic like "Application to manage recipes and shopping-lists"
  would be better.

* Hint: Sourceforge URLs like http://download.sourceforge.net/...
  and http://dl.sf.net/...  don't point to the web-based mirror
  selector, but directly to a mirror
  [ http://download.sourceforge.net/krecipes/krecipes-0.8.1.tar.gz ]
  [ http://dl.sf.net/krecipes/krecipes-0.8.1.tar.gz ]

* In %build, the same QTLIB/QTINC fix as in "konversation" may be
  needed.

* Empty %doc line should at least contain the licence file, probably
  also the TODO file.

The rest looks okay, so feel free to fix in CVS.