New package: libnjb

Linus Walleij triad at df.lth.se
Sat Jul 30 22:37:08 UTC 2005

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> You should make this spec files more compliant to FE-conventions.

OK I've done my best for this upcoming libnjb-2.2.1 package:
http://www.df.lth.se/~triad/fedora/libnjb-2.2.1-1.src.rpm

> - Consider %configure --disable-shared

Do you mean --disable-static? Because that's the only thing I saw in the
guidelines. If not, please elaborate...

> - Superfluous "Requires:" libusb, zlib, ncurses

Removed. Out of curiosity: how does RPM resolve these dependencies? By
looking at the linked .so files? I never quite understood that...

> - Non-standard docdir

Fixed. All is in /usr/share/doc/libnjb-VERSION/* now.

> - IMO, there is no need for a separate doc package. I'd recommend to put
> them into the base or devel package's standard docdir.
> "rpm -i --excludedocs" will automatically exclude them for people not
> wanting them.

OK fixed.

Linus