Request for review: Enlightenment DR17 + EFL

Didier Casse elprodigio at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 05:34:12 UTC 2005

On 5/31/05, Tom 'spot' Callaway <tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 13:35 +0800, Didier Casse wrote:
> > The solution, as discussed with Carsten, to avoid this in the future
> > would be to set:
> >
> > CFLAGS="-O2 -fomit-frame-pointer"
> > export CFLAGS
> >
> > in the spec file for a generic binary.
>
> Umm, lets not be so hasty to blast away the RPM_OPT_FLAGS. If you need
> -fomit-frame-pointer for a package, do this instead:
>
> CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS -fomit-frame-pointer"
>
> ~spot

Hey John,
                For EVAS we require the full:
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium4 -fomit-frame-pointer -msse -mmmx -pipe"

But for x86_64 we can't use -march=pentium4, can you try the following
in the spec file and tell me if it compiles correctly:

%build
CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS -fomit-frame-pointer -msse -mmx -pipe"
export CFLAGS

If not, then we remove the "-msse -mmx -pipe" options. Thanks a lot.

--
Cheers,
Didier.

Yum/apt repository for DR17/EFL: http://sps.nus.edu.sg/~didierbe

Didier F.B Casse
PhD candidate, Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
National University of Singapore.