Request for Review: libevent & tor

F. Kooman fkooman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 15:09:35 UTC 2005

On 6/6/05, Ralf Ertzinger <fedora at camperquake.de> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'd like to present the following RPM files for review:
>
> libevent:
> http://www.skytale.net/files/libevent/libevent-1.1-1.src.rpm
>
> tor:
> http://www.skytale.net/files/tor/tor-0.1.0.8-0.1.rc.src.rpm
>
> Please note that libevent is required to build tor.
> The tor package has a known flaw: it creates several directories on
> install (/var/log/tor and /var/lib/tor), which are empty by default.
> tor will create files in them when running. On uninstall, these
> directories are not removed because they contain files not owned
> by the package. How do I fix this?

What a coincidence, I was working on these RPMs as well. I can't read
your files (403) but I'll attach my spec files and new initscript for
tor. Maybe they are of use to you, they aren't completely finished
yet, but I'll stop working on them and let you continue if you like.

The tor source distribution includes a (crude) spec file, maybe you
can borrow some of their hacks.

Thanks and good luck,
François