Review: perl-DBD-SQLite (was: Re: Looking for a sponsor)

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sat Jun 11 02:21:17 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 15:12 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:20:02 -0700, Michael Peters wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 13:48 -0700, Michael Peters wrote:
> >

> > > Thank you - I will fix it.
> > >

> > I have updated the spec file.
> > OK - not really, I started from scratch using the Fedora template, which
> > I believe solves all of the critiques (and modified my .rpmmacros for
> > the packager tag).
> >
> > http://mpeters.us/fc_extras/perl-DBD-SQLite.spec
> > http://mpeters.us/fc_extras/perl-DBD-SQLite-1.08-1.src.rpm
>
> Approved.

I will fix the few things that people mentioned and upload a new src.rpm
to my webspace, but I am no longer for the time being going to request
inclusion in extras. I'll leave the src.rpm up if someone else wants to.

The reason is twofold:
1) I think that I think it should link against the installed SQLite
rather than include its own.
I will try to work on that this summer and see if upstream will accept
it as a configure option. That seems to be in line with the stated fc5
goals on the wiki as well, as it reduces the risk of a security patch
going un-noticed.

2) The package I want that depends on perl-SQLite is probably not going
to be ready until after fc5 is released anyway, so my need for this
package is no longer pressing issue.