Request for review: annodex and friends

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Wed Jun 15 17:34:27 UTC 2005

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 19:07:36 +0200, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

> Hi,
>

> > With the risk of sounding like a slave-driver, it would also be
> > appreciated to see Thomas keeping his existing packages in good shape
> > before importing new packages. *wink*
>
> A fair request...
>
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/showdependencytree.cgi?id=157183
> >
> >  -> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/156222
>
> I see Hermes in FE4:
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/4/i386/Hermes-1.3.3-6.i386.rpm

That's the FC3 binary with which FE4 development started. Its date is
14-Dec-2004.  It's older than the x86_64/ppc binaries, which were created
by a semi-mass rebuild on April 11th, and when i386 failed to build.
Version and release of all builds ought to be the same, btw.

> and the buildlog in the bug report is a broken link.

Because the old build logs have been removed. Much time has passed since
the report was filed.

> Is this package
> still a problem,

Yes.

> given that it's in FE4 ? What should I do to resolve
> it ?

Request a build (e.g. of what you have in FE CVS) and have fun with
the build logs you will get.

> >  -> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/159811
>
> I've updated the FC4 and devel spec to the new upstream release,
> verified with mach that the build works for 386, and commited, and
> requested a build for FC4.  I don't know if I need to tag and build for
> devel as well ?

IMHO the development repo is unimportant at this point in time. FC4 has
just been released. Build system resources ought to be spent on FE4
updates, some which may be important than other build requests.

> What I don't understand is how it didn't get built as part of the mass
> build ?

The two of your packages failed for one arch. Hence the bug report.

> I can't find any failure logs anywhere, so I'm assuming it never
> got built.  Just not sure why.

Logs were provided by Seth and pointed to from within bugzilla. With
the build system changes weeks later, the logs were deleted.

--
Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) - Linux 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4
loadavg: 2.33 2.36 2.30