Request for review: NetworkManager-vpnc

Mike MacCana mikem at cyber.com.au
Sat Jun 18 04:22:18 UTC 2005

David Zeuthen wrote:

>On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 17:50 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
>

>>On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 12:18 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
>>

>>>This package contains software for integrating the vpnc VPN software
>>>with NetworkManager and the GNOME desktop. There's a screencast of an
>>>old version of this available here
>>>

>>Please make sure it's integrated properly with the network scripts so
>>that 'ifup vpn0' (or whatever its name is) will also work.
>>

>Can't do. It's integrated with NetworkManager, not the (legacy) network
>scripts, which is the whole point.

Why do we bother shipping s-c-n if the config files it's saving are
considered 'legacy'?
Or are you saying those files will become legacy in a future version?

What files does networkmanager use? How can I configure and start/ stop
a connection using networkmanager on the command line? The website at
(http://people.redhat.com/dcbw/NetworkManager) doesn't have any user
documentation whatsoever.

Mike