New Package: fish

Ralf Ertzinger fedora at camperquake.de
Mon Jun 20 15:04:56 UTC 2005

Hi.

Axel Liljencrantz <liljencrantz at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is a bit of a kludge, I admit. But if someone has installed an
> older fish package and upgrades to a fish version from the Fedora
> repository, fish should not brake the login shell for the users, in my
> opinion, so I'd prefer it if that update remained.

There has never been a package for fish in Redhat or Fedora that
I am aware of, and even if there was, it would not have placed
a binary in /usr/local. The same goes for all the big third party
repos out there.

In short, I do not think you should meddle with /etc/passwd.
We can not care for clean upgrades for packages people have
already installed that have come from god-knows-where.