Request for Review: nautilus-share

Aaron Kurtz a.kurtz at hardsun.net
Wed Jun 22 04:14:27 UTC 2005

Hi.

No response last time I mentioned this, so I'm asking again with a later
version. Nautilus-share is a Nautilus extension that allows users to
easily share folders over Samba, somewhat like a certain other OS some
have heard of. Root is not required once it's setup. It does require FC4
for Gnome 2.10, and libdaemon >= 0.7 which has been having problems
rebuilding in rawhide but is out for FC4.

Upstream URL is http://gentoo.ovibes.net/nautilus-share/
Spec is http://hardsun.net/fedora/nautilus-share.spec (requires spectool
-g -A)
RPM: http://hardsun.net/fedora/nautilus-share-0.6.4-1.fc4.i386.rpm
SRPM: http://hardsun.net/fedora/nautilus-share-0.6.4-1.fc4.src.rpm

I have one question about this - one needs to restart DBUS to get this
to work after installing it. Would it be okay to do this in the spec?
Also, is there a way to make a service dependent on another service? The
smbshared service introduced here needs samba to start first.
--
Aaron Kurtz <a.kurtz at hardsun.net>