New package: gaim-guifications

Michael Fleming mfleming at enlartenment.com
Sat Jun 25 09:20:14 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 17:40 +1000, Colin Charles wrote:
> I've been using gaim-guifications for the better part of a few months
> (ever since stu packaged it[1]) and I'm now submitting this for review,
> for inclusion into Fedora Extras
>
> Guifications[2] is a graphical notification plugin system that works
> alongside GAIM. It provides nice little pop-up notifications when you
> get a new message, or more (depending on configuration)
>
> Now, for review (spec file, i386 build on FC-4, SRPM):
> http://www.bytebot.net/rpms/gaim-guifications/
>
> Thanks

I've had a go at packaging this too, but this spec's a fair bit better
than mine :-)

I've looked at and built yours (stock FC4 environment) and am running it
through it's paces now.

- Builds OK in mock
- Installs without issues and runs OK, no runtime problems noted.
- Naming conventions etc. all look A1.
- BR/Requires are nice and thorough (I'll 'fess mine isn't up to this
standard)

The only niggles I or rpmlint could find was the Summary

* (rpmlint sayeth:)

E: gaim-guifications description-line-too-long Guifications is a
graphical notification plugin for the open source instant messaging
client Gaim

You could probably get away with "A Graphical notification plugin for
the Gaim instant messenger" or similar (shorter, no redundant mention of
the package name)

* The Source line should normally be "downloads.sourceforge.net" /
"dl.sf.net" for Sourceforge, rather than prdownloads  - a "spectool -g"
on the spec downloads the mirror selection page, not the file.

Aside that, looks great to my eyes.

Michael.

--
Michael Fleming <mfleming at enlartenment.com>