Request for review: fpc (Freepascal)

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Mon Jun 27 10:49:22 UTC 2005

Hi Joost,

Thanks for your perseverence and patience. :)

Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> I've posted the new package fpc a few weeks ago and got some comments,
> but not on the last version of the spec-file. So I want to ask for some
> more reviews, and maybe a sponsor.

> Build-problems on x86_64 seems to be solved. And the documents and
> source packages are integrated into the spec-file.

Yep, I managed to build the package on x86-64 now.

I noticed that the %post script is rather verbose though.
I think it needs to be silenced.

The fpc-src subpackage seems rather heavy, considering that
the source is also in the srpm.  Do you think there is some way
to avoid it, or can the examples be excluded from the packaging?

Also since there is no debuginfo, you may as well just disable
the debuginfo subpackage completely.  I use:

 # disable the debuginfo package
 %define debug_package %{nil}
 %define __spec_install_post /usr/lib/rpm/brp-compress

for that.

> Spec file:
> http://www.cnoc.nl/fpc/fpc.spec-0.5

Otherwise it looks ok to me.