Review requested: slmodemd

Andreas Thienemann andreas at bawue.net
Tue Jun 28 14:09:57 UTC 2005

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> I am having several issues with this package.
> * Missing COPYING
I thought I included it. Fixed.

> * Package doesn't compile with gcc-4.0.0 (fc4)
Thx for the patch. I do not have fc4 on my laptop.

> Below is a set of patches, I'd like to propose to resolve/work-around
> the issues above.
Thx. I applied them and will add it to cvs then, if you're okay with that?

> BTW: What is the difference between slmodem-alsa-*.tar.gz and
> slmodem-*.tar.gz (I haven't checked the details)?
the slmodem-*.tar.gz contains the proprietary modem codecs for a wider
range of modems.
However, they are closed source.
The alsa package is the same userspace program with the proprietary stuff
removed.

bye,
 andreas