Request for review: rinetd

Chris Ricker kaboom at oobleck.net
Thu Jun 30 18:03:24 UTC 2005

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005, Ville Skytta  wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 02:54 -0400, Chris Ricker wrote:
> > <http://www.oobleck.net/kaboom/fedora/srpms/rinetd-0.62-3.src.rpm>
>
> A "FYI" comparison between this package and mine at
> http://cachalot.mine.nu/4/SRPMS/rinetd-0.62-0.1.src.rpm :
>
> - A proper "reload" action for the init script would be possible,
>   rinetd responds to HUP as expected.  If implemented, the logrotate
>   script should probably switch to using copytruncate or restart
>   instead of reload.

Changed - reload does a HUP if it's running, and logrotate does a restart

> - The Debian patch included in my package adds autotools support,
>   as well as some other useful-looking tweaks.

That I didn't want to include outright as it changes a lot.

Some of the changes (like fprintf -> syslog, for example) look
useful, so I may patch in bits of it later

> - "A" could be removed from the package summary.

done

> - Why are rinetd.conf modes 600, won't 644 do?

Paranoia on my part. It doesn't gain a whole lot, though, so I'll change
it for the default

> None of the above are really blockers IMO, so approved.  If there's a
> good reason to keep the config file non-readable by normal users, it'd
> be useful to add a comment about that in the specfile.

Thanks, I'll import and build in a sec

later,
chris