Request for Review: moomps

jfontain at free.fr jfontain at free.fr
Wed Jun 1 10:48:07 UTC 2005

moomps is the daemon pendant of the moodss modular monitoring graphical
application, already in extras (CVS, FC-3, FC-4 and devel).

For example, I use it to monitor 24 AIX servers (CPU, memory and swap,
system-wide and per application, via rsh and SNMP), 50 WAN lines (input and
output trafic, via SNMP), 22 LAN networks (QOS and per switched port, via SNMP)
and later I hope about 50 Windows 2003 servers. That represents about 50 million
data samples per month, stored in a MySQL database and viewed as graphs on a
browser via Apache/PHP/jpgraph. It also sends emails when a WAN line goes down
and up again.

It has already been reviewed by Ville.
If you can spare a little time, please let me know if I can improve this package
further.

Many thanks in advance, Jean-Luc.

You may find it at (for FC-4 and devel):
  http://jfontain.free.fr/moomps-5.1-1.noarch.rpm
  http://jfontain.free.fr/moomps-5.1-1.spec
It requires moodss:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/4/SRPMS/moodss-20.1-3.fc4.src.rpm
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/development/SRPMS/moodss-20.1-3.fc4.src.rpm

More information:
http://moodss.sourceforge.net/ (homepage)
http://jfontain.free.fr/moomps.htm (online documentation for moomps)
http://jfontain.free.fr/moodss.htm (online documentation for moodss)

$ rpm -qi moomps
Name: moomps Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version: 5.1 Vendor: (none)
Release: 1 Build Date:
Install Date: Fri 27 May 2005 10:47:40 AM CEST Build Host:
Group: Applications/System Source RPM: moomps-5.1-1.src.rpm
Size: 1261825 License: GPL
Signature: (none)
Description :
moomps (Modular Object Oriented Multi-Purpose Service) is a modular
monitoring daemon used along with the moodss GUI package also
included in the distribution. It can send alert emails or execute
scripts when predefined thresholds are crossed, and archive data
history over time in a database (MySQL or ODBC). Uses dashboard
files created by moodss in order to load any number of modules.
Distributed monitoring is also possible with data exchange between
moomps and moodss application instances.

--
Jean-Luc Fontaine