Build system problems

Quentin Spencer qspencer at ieee.org
Wed Jun 1 21:15:20 UTC 2005

I reported this a few weeks ago, but I haven't seen any update in a
while so I thought I'd bring it up again. I can't get octave to build on
x86_64. It builds fine on i386 and ppc. The failure is due to missing
c++ headers, which appears to be caused by the build environment not
being incorrectly loaded). I believe the mock package was introduced as
an overhaul of mach in an attempt to overcome some of these problems.
Can anyone comment on whether this was thought to be fixed yet? Also,
octave has been waiting for a long time and I would really like an
octave release for FC4--would it be possible to have someone do a manual
build on x86_64 until this is fixed? If a fix is not anticipated soon
would it be acceptable to temporarily ExcludeArch it?

-Quentin