Build system problems

I reported this a few weeks ago, but I haven't seen any update in a while so I thought I'd bring it up again. I can't get octave to build on x86_64. It builds fine on i386 and ppc. The failure is due to missing c++ headers, which appears to be caused by the build environment not loading the correct libraries (someone suggested the i386 libs were being incorrectly loaded). I believe the mock package was introduced as an overhaul of mach in an attempt to overcome some of these problems. Can anyone comment on whether this was thought to be fixed yet? Also, octave has been waiting for a long time and I would really like an octave release for FC4--would it be possible to have someone do a manual build on x86_64 until this is fixed? If a fix is not anticipated soon would it be acceptable to temporarily ExcludeArch it?

-Quentin